There is just something about baking an item that looks, tastes, and smells amazing. Well this is your recipe! Soft vanilla and chocolate cakes swirled together make this loaf a hit. Not too complicated to make and a dessert that makes a statement.
Naturally gluten free and nut free.
This recipe can easily be made dairy free as well! Just use vegan butter instead of regular butter and choose a non-dairy milk to replace the cream.
Can be corn free as well! Just pick up a corn free baking powder.
Marble Pound Cake
- loaf pan
- 2 cups gluten free 1-1 flour I reccomend Bob's Red Mill
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 Tbs unsalted butter soft (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter melted
- 3 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, milk, or non-dairy milk such as oat milk, almond milk, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease a loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine melted butter and cocoa powder.
- In mixer or food processor:– Combine softened butter and sugar.– Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.– Add the dry ingredients.– Add the cream and mix until smooth.
- Transfer 1 cup of batter to the bowl with the cocoa powder and stir.
- Spoon half the remaining batter into a greased loaf pan and smooth the surface. Spread the chocolate batter in the pan. Cover with the remaining batter.
- Using a knife, cut 5 swirls in the batter (you can do better than mine pictured, haha).
- Bake for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. (If needed, cover with foil to reduce browning.)
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice as desired and enjoy! I usually go for 8 slices.