This recipe can be made dairy free by subbing vegan butter for the regular butter! Already nut free and corn free. 🙂
Espresso Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Espresso Chocolate Chunk Slice & Bake Shortbread Cookies
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter soft
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbs Espresso Powder or Finely Ground Coffee
- 2 Cups Gluten Free 1-1 Flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 Cup Chocoalte chopped
- Place butter, sugars, egg yolk, vanilla, salt, and espresso powder in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix until no more butter clumps remain.
- Add in flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chunks.
- Form dough into a roll that is 2” in diameter and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (You can store in the fridge for up to 2 days).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f.
- Slice into 1/3" rounds and place on parchment or baking mat lined baking sheet, 1" apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing.